MAGNOLIA SQUARE NEWS
Republication of Rules and Regulations
Your Board of Directors, after a process that took almost a
year, has completed the review of the Rules and Regulations that govern
While the majority of the amendments were of a housekeeping nature, there are some that are new or significantly amended and that you should be aware of. Included in that category are:
· A regulation that prohibits the
operation of motorcycles in
· A rule that any demolition or alteration of any part of a unit, including major changes to plumbing and electrical, must be approved by the Board and that an application for this approval must be accompanied by an engineer’s certificate and/or a building permit (no building code violations are grandfathered);
· A more restrictive rule, based on advice from our attorney, regarding the installation of satellite dishes (existing ones are grandfathered);
· A determination that all rentals of six months and more require Board approval of the tenant. This applies even to so-called month-to-month rentals;
· A requirement that the pool shower be used only for rinsing. This means that “personal” showering should be done at home.
This is simply a summary. You should rely only upon the complete document, which is attached to this newsletter. Further copies of the rules and regulations, and any appendices (such as the satellite dish rules) are available at the office.
Please do read the entire document carefully. It applies to all of us.
The Winn-Dixie property to the east of us has been leased to